Brand new Peterson ARAN 999 Poor quality logo stamp.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
:lol: You guys are mean... albeit very amusing! Coming from other hobbies, I can certainly see where the uninitiated would expect good quality control on a small piece of wood for $115 from one of the hobby's long standing and well respected brands. And let's not pretend that aesthetics aren't even important because that is a load of hooey. It's aesthetics that allows pipes to be sold for $1000 and fly off shelves... well, that and reputation. Some folks are a bit more OCD over visuals. I can understand being excited to order a pipe, even if to many of us it is a plain and utilitarian pipe, and wanting to be impressed as you inspect it. Hakchuma, if you are someone who is aesthetically picky, most places will return and unsmoked pipe. If you haven't figured it out yet, this lot is tired of hearing about Peterson's QC. Just poke em with a stick and give as good as you get. :puffpipe:

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I would smoke it. When I buy a machine made pipe, I buy it for the shape and reputation, not the stamping. By reputation, I mean, do the pipes they make smoke well? Peterson pipes, for me, have always smoked well once they are broken in. If you are that hung up on a stamp, I would suggest that you return the pipe and then let go of the convenience of shopping from your couch at home and go to your closest B&M where you can personally inspect every pipe before you purchase it. When you shop online, you have to expect "hicups' every now and then. I am pretty confident that if you give the pipe a chance that it would smoke just fine. I sure wouldn't base a companies reputation by something that I purchased online from a third party vendor, that's just ridiculous. Did you let tobaccopipes.com know of your dissatisfaction of the product that they sold to you or did you go directly after Peterson?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Arans are an entry level pipe and not really collectible. I have three and I can say all of them are reliable good smokers that I've enjoyed for the four or five years I've had them. They never let me down. Something as small as the stamping on an entry level pipe I'd just let it go and enjoy the good smokes the pipe will give you. Peterson makes some really good pipes. I wouldn't discard the entire brand because of one poorly stamped low grade entry level pipe.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I love Peterson pipes and anyone that is familiar with the brand would know that the pipe is a shape 999 without asking. So why all the fuss. Haven't read all the replies to this thread but scanning through a few "sparks" was hands down brilliant. :lol:

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Pretty sure the Op has given up on Peterson because of the stamping. Thats ok. I have a Sherlock Holmes squire out for delivery today. Will post some pics when it arrives.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I would return it and get an older Pete. If you have some patience you can even find unsmoked old Petes of fairly high grades for a little more or a little less than you paid for your Aran.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
I think all you turds saying I am bashing Peterson in this post are basicly... Turds. Enjoy your stupid forum lmao.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
@hakchuma
The really sad part is that last post just taints any kind of credibility you had when starting the original post.
Honestly I didn't see a problem with you expecting a certain level of quality for the money you spent.
Why adopt such an immature attitude in response to others comments?
Just sad man....

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Turd here:
I've got a 307 with some "Brown Irish Rope" glowing quietly and I must say: "If it looks like a Haja, walks like a Haja. and posts Like a Haja . . . It must be a . . . . (wait for it), a Haja."

May 31, 2012
I think all you turds saying I am bashing Peterson in this post are basicly... Turds. Enjoy your stupid forum lmao.
You got to focus on what's real, man.
giphy.gif

vYAOqBn.gif

tumblr_n4fj9erPLs1qhrim2o1_500.gif

Dec 24, 2012
I agree with Hakahaja. You guys are all turds. Or you may be G&H Brown Irish Twist. I can't tell the difference, to be honest.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Haja is back! My favorite camel stabber and disposable lighter expert as well as closet anti-semite! O joy besides myself! I shall immediately adopt the salt on the bottom position whilst meditating on the deeper meaning of Peterson double stamped pipes! :rofl:

bachrachj

Lurker
Jan 8, 2015
Well, that was an interesting way to start a Saturday. I think most of you "turds" are pretty frickin' amusing. I'm in the "just smoke it" camp and then go to a store with a door and windows and pick one out that you can tell those bratty grandkids of yours "I spent a whole paycheck on this piece of shit and have only smoked this ol' Peterson ever since!" Have a great weekend.
"F--- it! I'm eighty five years old. Get the good stuff!"

Dr. Arthur J. Bachrach (Dad)​

Status
Not open for further replies.