PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I know this depends on alot of variables, but what kind of mileage are you guys getting out of your baccy.

Let's say medium to large bowls.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
You know, I've never really given it too much thought. You are right though, there are a lot of variables to consider. One big variable is the cut of the tobacco, and how you prepare it. You can have a big difference in the amount you use per bowl just between fold and stuff, and fully rubbed out for a flake for instance.

Jul 12, 2011
I thought about this and then watched a 50g tin of Irish flake, smoke

a half flake in the AM and another half in the evening...each one lasts

about 45-minutes so figure 20-flakes or so per tin gives me 40, 45-minute

smokes....so I guess I'm getting very good mileage brothers ;-)

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Per ounce, eh ?

Regular flakes ( such as Erinmore ) ..... about 15 bowls. Irish Flake at least 30 ( half flake a bowl ). Mixtures about 20 bowls per, but then again my biggest pipe that I actually smoke a full bowl out of is a Peterson Aran 03 ( would that be a "medium" bowl ? )

Per 50 g tin ? They usually last about 8 days ( unless, of course, it's Irish Flake ..... or 1792 )

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hmm about 10 I think mmaybe more, I usually buy in grams though, 50 grams is about35 smokes maybe more

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
never thought about it. If I am not smoking a extreamly large bowl its a extreamly small bowl so i guess it verys to what bowl size i use more at that time.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
The regulation portion at the Slow Smoke Contests is 3 grams. The contest pipes appear to be about a Group 4. So 17 bowls per 50g tin. 2 oz tins would be another couple of bowls. With flakes, I end up with longer duration smokes but fewer bowls, since I don't do the rub-out thang.
hp

les

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
I couldn't tell you how many bowls exactly, but I go through about 1.5 oz. a week and I smoke around 2 to 4 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.