PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A customer of the B&M bought a POY and promptly burned out the bowl. He ordered another and the maker lined the bowl with carbon so it wouldn't happen again. This is the second pipe after the customer had it a week. I have the same pipe and love it. It's my best smoker and no issues whatsoever. I can't imagine what this guy was doing but here it is.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Was he lighting them with an acetylene torch? Whoa.
Makes me feel better. Simpleton that I am, I will always be able to point to this picture and say, "But I ain't as bad as *that* guy."
Don't be that guy.

May 31, 2012
OMG

8O
12pups noted

Makes me feel better. Simpleton that I am, I will always be able to point to this picture and say, "But I ain't as bad as *that* guy."
Don't be that guy.
Hear hear!
Damn straight it makes me feel better!

LOL
That's one of the worst burn-outs I've seen,

and that was dudes 2nd pipe,

after one week?!?!?!?

YIKES!

8O

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Absolutely crazy…how does someone not see that happening? I doubt you'd be able to even touch a bowl that would have been hot enough to do that. It may be just me, but I regularly touch my bowl to check how hot it is. I've read on the thread's in the forum but had remembered hearing it years ago that if you can't touch the bowl to your cheek for 5 seconds, its too hot.

May 31, 2012
1ksbd8V.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Smoking outdoors on a windy day can do that. I burned-out my first pipe, a Medico, while walking on a cold, windy, sleeting day. I remember thinking to myself, "Self, (Middleton's) Cherry Blend never tasted so woody before..." Moments later my thumb effortlessly crushed the crispy briar on the bottom of the bowl. That explained why on this particular smoke I didn't need a single re-light! :lol: Back then I think that pipe sold for about $4.00, so a valuable lesson learned on the cheap.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Now that's something that will never happen to me as I only smoke while taking a shower. And yet, my granddaughter still thinks I'm 'goofy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.