PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Have any must try bourbon and tobacco pairings?
One of my favorite bourbons is Four Roses Single Barrel. Any suggestions?

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I also enjoy Four Roses, often I pare it with a VaPer but something on the spicy end of the spectrum. Four Roses isn't overly sweet but I find it to really enhance the sweetness in VaPers

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
C&D Star of the East and Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare.
Four Roses....My parents had a case of that stuff in the attic. My brother got up there and snagged most of it and drank it with his Frat brothers in the 80's. I'd love to have my hands on it now. I think it was Four Roses from the 60's or 70's.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

No question... Balkan Sobranie.

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
Calumet Bourbon is one of my favorite pairings while smoking. Of course I might be biased, because I tend to pair it with everything!

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
It must be my palate, but combing any drink with a pipe (or cigars) diminishes the taste of both. I love good whisky, and will sometime have a fingers worth prior to lighting up, but never after.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
If I was a drink and tobacco match maker I think I would use the fragrance of the tobacco and the taste of the drink to guide my pairing. When I open a jar of Dunhill Nightcap the scents remind me of earthy things. The same earthy reminders happen when I taste a highland scotch. Some perique tobaccos scents remind me of pepper. The same peppery reminders come from some shiraz wines. Many virginia blends take me to a fresh green grassy field just like some pilsner beers or even a freshly made limeade.
As for my personal favorites, any excuse to have a drink and smoke is acceptable so I have no problems pairing any drink with any tobacco. :)

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Ah bourbon four roses makes bulliet FYI for everyone. Some bourbons to try are the following whistlepig yummy, blantons is nice, dads hat is a bit spicey, old

Forestor, I personally enjoy pairing scotches with English blends a nice peaty scotch with an English is fantastic. Oh and the yamokazi sherry cask I believe was the best in the world in 2013....I'm sure the scots were pissed.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I prefer single malt malted barley spirits, but blended has their place; such as in a mixed drink like a rusty nail. I have problems with bourbon and tasting corn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The state liquor stores in N.C. sell corn liquor in mason jars; cute huh? But the stores are operated through a strange system of appointments and lack of transparency, and the selection has a notably limited inventory, to an annoying degree. Some things you can get, some things sometimes, and others never. You make an effort to find something you like, because you certainly can't just go and get what you like. Free enterprise, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.