PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I found an antique pipe rack this weekend. I have been searching for one all summer and got lucky when I saw this one on the bottom shelf of a display case in a local antique shop. It is in excellent condition and the center dividers shift either direction to accomodate different size pipes. Paid $20 dollars for it. I'll post some pictures, hope they show up.
PA030124.jpg

PA030123.jpg

PA030122.jpg

PA030119.jpg

PA030115.jpg

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
A very interesting rack. I wish I could find one as nice. Your pipes will be sitting pretty.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Very nice.Was just wondering what the bottom of such fine rack would look like.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Are you worried the brass will "color" the pipes?
Otherwise it seems like a clever, copyable design.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes, these older racks often show the true ingenuity

of design and function...!

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I was glad to find it. It even has that "antique wood" odor to it, which I like. I might clean it up a bit with some Murphy's oil soap but that will do it. Now that I'm a pipe smoker, I'm noticing a lot of estate pipes that I would have normally overlooked. There were plenty to see at this antique shop, will go back and take a better look when I have more time. Most looked worn out but one or two could have been worth another look.

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Outstanding Buck good find. I am thinking about converting an old oak gun cabinet into a pipe/tobacco/whatever storage center.I has glass doors for the front that will allow anyone to see my collection and also minimize dust I hope. My guns I now keep in a safe.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Excellent design and AWSOME find. Yeah I definately have to copy it's design. Was planning to build a pipe rack this winter but haven't really sat down and put ideas to paper yet. This totally got the creative juices flowin'.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Would love to see yalls version as soon as they are complete. If I were building one, might would make it a few inches longer to hold more pipes. Just a thought.... Thanks for the nice comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.