PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I have noticed that Boswell pipes sell like hotcakes when they are released every Tuesday and you have to be quick if you want one. I have also noticed that there are many estate Boswell pipes coming out recently. So my question is: Are these pipes not good smokers? Or when one does purchases a Boswell pipe, they are not what they expected in size (too large)?

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Pagan, I will try the Boswell blends as soon as I get done trying through all the Peretti blends

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
I've got two, they are fine smokers. I mostly enjoy the as local (to me) craftsmen products that look nice and work well. The family runs the shop and are really nice, knowledgeable folk.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I have five Boswell pipes; they're great smokers, and the tobaccos are top of the heap. Last June I took a trip to that neck of the woods, and met up with those I had only spoken with on the phone. As soon as I identified myself, the light of recognition came on in their eyes, and I felt as if I was visiting old friends. Of course I bought another pipe. As for seeing Boswell estates for sale, I've seen lots of Dunhill estates on the market, and they make a pretty good pipe. Don't let the estate market scare you off. They make great pipes, and you'll be a happy smoker when you get your first Boswell.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I have about 25 Boswell pipes right now. Do they smoke great YES! I have noticed that you will see them in spurts on places like Ebay. Sometimes there are 2, sometimes 10. I personally think this is because like you mentioned they go quick on Tuesdays. You don't get alot of time to really look and think about it. You have to buy fast or they are gone. I have resold a few that were either new or lightly smoked. Not because they were bad pipes, but because too large, too small, etc.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
I have 2 Boswells and smoke them often. Love them. As noted above, the number of estates isn't necessarily indicative of their quality. Online you gotta jump on them, but making a trip to the store (well worth it!) will provide you with many options!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I own a dozen or more Boswells. They are just plain marvelous smokers from the get-go.

J.M. has been making pipes for a long time and he sources his briar from a top Italian supplier.

His son, Dan, has an incredible technique with old style tools to create his “weathered stone look.”

I’m just saying, the Boswells are wonderful folks to deal with, they create a great smoking instrument, at a decent price. What’s not to like.

And, yes, you have to be fast, because these pipes move.

No, I don’t own stock in Boswells Pipes, unless you call more than a dozen Boswell pipes stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.