PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I was looking at Boswells website and Northwoods is now $5.10 per ounce. Is this blend worth the price? I know this is a subjective question because that cost may be no issue for most folks but there are a lot of blends that compete with similar characteristics (on paper) for half the cost. Opinions on the taste and smoking quality please.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Not even a discount for quantity. P&C did that this week to a few, while other things are rock bottom, but those prices are half what Boswell wants. I would hardly ever think about buying from someone who doesn't offer discounts for amounts.

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
obviously subjective, but for me no. It's an ok blend but not at that price. There are others here I'm sure will say yes. But for bulk there are better options IMO.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
It's good, but I think their aros are really their forte. I'd smoke one of the Frogs instead.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I enjoyed Northwoods but I got it as a free sample with a pipe I bought. It's a nice smoke but I can't say I see myself calling back and ordering more anytime soon. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just wasn't blown away by it or anything. I've got too many others I want to try that I'd rather spend the money on. If I ever buy another pipe from Boswell's (I should probably say WHEN I buy another) you can bet I'll ask for Northwoods as my complimentary sample though.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I think part of the reason for the price is Pennsylvania's recent tobacco tax increases. Real anti-business legislature there.
(EDIT: In my humble opinion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.