PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I stopped by JM Boswell's last night and picked up another pipe from his wall. My freehand is wonderful, but too large to take on trips. I travel a lot for work and I always have three things with me: my own pillow, something to read and now a pipe.

I lucked out on my no-name Estate pipe and it smokes great and I love the bent shape. Boswell had one on the wall and I grabbed it for less than a Peterson or Savinelli goes for online somewhere. I also brought home some "Premium Burley" and "Countryside" to try along with a resupply of Northwoods.

Here's the new acquisition, nothing fancy. But, smoked great in the shop and fits neatly in my back and hangs great.

On my last trip to Boswells, I didn't realize they have a nice lounge upstairs, its very nice.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
That's a nice looking pipe! I have a couple of their pipes and would love to visit their shop someday.

my19

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
Very graceful shape to that Boswell, and cool looking rim! And man, I do like that Countryside tobacco ...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Jury is out on the Countryside, wife didn't like the aroma either. I'll save for future use. Just finished a bowl of their Premium Burley, that to me, is wonderful. Definitely stopping back next week for a proper fill, I had barely a bowl full this morning. For a $70 pipe, this pipe is terrific and will be my regular carry (replacing my p-lip Pete Aran).
Boswell's does have plenty of pipes available in the shop. If anyone has a particular style you want, I'd be happy to stop by and snap a picture/purchase/ship for you. Just give me a shout. They also just got in some of those leather Peterson pipe/tobacco pouches, but they were priced a little step. I ordered a large 2-pipe from Pipes & Cigars, hopefully have that in a few days. That fit my Boswell freehand and another, for vacations, extended travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.