Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Anybody besides me a fan of this three season series that was on the XM?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Check out this site. It'll explain it all. https://www.themetimeradio.com/
I did find it interesting that Dylan never played any of his own songs.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Love the Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio show! I particularly enjoy the holiday themed episodes, and for the past 7 or 8 years, my wife and I always play the Halloween episode every Fall to get in the mood for Halloween! Thanksgiving Leftovers are great too, and the 2 part Christmas episode in fantastic! Aside from the holiday themes eps, the Baseball one is another that sticks out. Oh and the “Drinking” episode is hilarious...so many good tunes and one liners from Bob on that one! How about you Jim? Which are your faves?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Kcghost: Dylan didn't play his own songs on his show. He played lots of seldom heard, obscure blues, rock, folk, country, and even some jazz. I learned a lot by listening.
Scottbtdmb: My favs are yours. Those were the best episodes. I did like Friends and Neighbors, too. They were taking ideas for shows from fans if a fourth season was to happen. My idea was "Red Heads". Wish they'd have done that one.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm aware of the radio show but haven't heard any of it yet...going to have to find time to listen to some of it.
I am really looking forward to seeing Scorsese's follow up to his previous Dylan documentary.
This one focusing on the Rolling Thunder years:
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9577852/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_7

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
You can subscribe on your podcast app too for all archives.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Been going back into these since this post and man does he spin some great records. Hilarious commentary at times too. Thanks for bringing this up Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.