PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Rare or not how could someone ever, ever pay this much for a pipe? Where are the rings of gold and diamonds I say!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BO-NORDH-CALABASH-1984-RARE-AND-EXTRACOLLACTABLE-ESTATE-PIPE-/261193381962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd056b84a

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I've heard of Bo pipes going as high as 10 grand, but never 25 grand. I'd love to meet the buyer, or anyone with a Bo collection.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I am sure that pipe will not sell. The seller has a count of 26 and a poor feedback rating. Hopefully that will be a red flag for potential buyers.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
That is insanity! Wish I had that kind of coin to spend, but in the end a cob isn't so bad.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
What's funny is that the Nordh and the Bang are being held by two different hands and none of the other pipes offered are being held but each is in the same stand. He has also not sold one pipe over 80 Euros, stand back.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Someone with too much money and not enough brains would obviously buy this pipe lol. I don't see the need for super expensive pipes. Just a waste of money. One could buy alot of other good pipes for that kind of money and have a sweet a$$ collection. If I had $25,000 I sure as hell wouldn't buy one pipe! lol!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Bo Nordh pipes command some impressive prices but for that kind of jack I can't believe any collector of his pipes isn't going to insist on examining this pipe before making an offer.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If I'm spending $25,000 there's either going to be a car title or house deed involved.
It's a nice looking pipe, but I'd never spend that much on one pipe. Not even sure I'll spend that much on pipes in my lifetime lol.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I don't know. A 25,000$ item for sale and the photos look like mum's kitchen. Also, no description whatsoever that would indicate someone who knows either pipes or knows about pipe selling. Can't take that serious.

pipedreamer

Might Stick Around
Oct 29, 2012
collectors have their place too. All common sense is gone .What the market will bear,it will bear. One thing is true however. Bo Nordh was a Great PIPE MAKER. Rest in peace.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Nine people made offers on the pipe. Be interesting to hear what the highest.
The only reason to pay $25K for any pipe is if you thought you could sell it for more. Museums are full of stuff with little intrinsic that command 7 and 8 digit prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.