Blasted Dublin With Cocobolo

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Experimenting with some faded contrast stains on this blasted Dublin...I'm getting to where I really like this shape...

petes03

Preferred Member
Jun 23, 2013
Wow Zack, that is gorgeous! I love the blast/shape/finish combination, it's awesome! The cocobolo is a very nice touch, well done!

captainsousie

Preferred Member
Aug 1, 2012
Nice. Still have to save up for one of your snapping turtles if you're still making them in a year or so.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
The faded contrast stains pick up brilliantly on the cocobolo. I mean, almost to pretty to smoke. I'd have

to park that on my bedside table for months before I could light it. Is it a work of art or a tobacco pipe?

I guess, just dive right in as soon as it arrives and go for it. Don't stop to look too long.

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
@mso489 ...I appreciate your sentiments, but hearing that makes me kinda sad. This pipe will probably go to a rim charring fiend who puffs like a locomotive and will commit terrible atrocities upon her in the name of pipe smoking...:)

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Harris, bring your pipes and some of your moldy tobacco- I'll have the ribs on!

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Be optimistic. Most people buying artisan pipes are respectful of them, and a little kind use could

enhance its aura.
Yipes, I have to watch my to's and too's. Nothing is right in that last post. Back to proofreading.

saint007

Preferred Member
Dec 22, 2013
Awesome! Between the blasting making it look like a sea shell and the coloring, it looks very tropical.

rx2man

Preferred Member
May 25, 2012
I really like the ring blast on that. Is how I want to do my "rusticated" pipes. I assume you have a sand blaster? I was on the pipe makers forum last night looking to see how people do the ring blast. And sorry but 1 pic aint gonna cut it. The top of the bowl looks like its stained to match the cocobolo as well.

rx2man

Preferred Member
May 25, 2012
I was driving home today and thought I would do a youtube search on ring blast......takes care of that thanks to you. And also was wondering how the grain was in relation to the ring blast......answered that as well.