PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I got my first Blakemar and two Blatter & Blatter pipes in the mail yesterday. I really like the shapes and grain and the finish on all of them beats my Petersons, for less money! They all pass the cleaner and whistle tests. If these smoke as good as they look I will be happy indeed!
mU1z41P.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Thank you. I also have an Invicta on the way. I had never heard of any of these brands until members posted about them here. Decided to give 'em a try. Thank you all for the tips! I will give my opinion on them after smoking them a bit.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Congratulations! Coincidentally, I picked up the identical Blatter Diplomat over the holidays. I really quite like it. The store is a lot of fun to visit; I've been making a point of visiting it, and picking up a new pipe, every time I visit Montreal.
176-600x450.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I would love to visit the shop! Unfortunately, I've never been to Canada, let alone Montreal, and don't see myself getting there any time soon. They sound like great people and I'd love to meet them.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
They're great people all right. Very knowledgeable and friendly. The shop has kind of a timeless vibe; the antithesis of an Apple store; small, with lots of wood in the decor, not too shiny, not too brightly lit, and a workshop in the back. They sell Cubans in the front half near the window, pipes at the counter, with a couple of more display cases behind where I was standing when I shot this pic:
175-600x130.jpg

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Very nice looking pipes. I am a bit envious, these are two companies that I just learned of and will be keeping an eye out to eventually acquire a pipe or more from each. They were totally off of my radar but a week ago, and now everyone seems to be posting about them, both here and elsewhere.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Paulie - Indeed they are as are the Blakemars. Blatter & Blatter started off there as well before a short stint in S. Africa then on to Canada in 1907, I think.

jay - You must try a Blatter pipe! I smoked my first one today - Light, well balanced, cool as a cucumber. It's going to be a great clencher and the draw was perfect! I am a new fan!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
+1 on the blatters! Since I got mine (cheers Jim) I can't get over how well she smokes. Shame they don't sell their pipes online.

Oh well, any excuse to post another photo of mine.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Simong - They do! If you email them they will send you a link with the catalog. Then just email them the pipe you want and he will email you a payment link. That's what I did.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
jpmcwjr. High praise indeed, Thankyou sir! From my iPad it was, bound to get a good one now & again I suppose.

Tchschiraldi. Thanks for the info, I looked on their 'website' ages ago, but couldn't see it!

Cheers lads, Simon.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Paulie - Indeed they are as are the Blakemars."
Tschiraldi, strictly speaking only Blakemar's 'Hand Made' pipes are British made. The others are machine made in Spain! Granted they are finished in Britain though.
This snippet I got from the boss man himself only last week!
Regards,
Jay.

Mar 29, 2016
What is nice about the Blatter store is the tobacco smell after you open the door then all the setup and the workshop at the back. Their tobacco and cigar selection is good also. Tschiraldi I have the same shape as the one in the middle of your picture, a red and green point Blatter.
Their grades are: two red points Select, one red point Select, two points red and green, two points red and white, one red point. Red and green are pipes that have very nice grain but are not Select yet. Red and white are special commemoration pipes.
Since our Canadian dollar is taking a hit, you guys from the States and Europe could buy some nice pipes at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.