Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I love that scrimshaw ship! Uber cool :)

Here’s my Black Frigate dedicated. A Scott’s bent brandy. Superb smoker. (Apologies for my photography work, pipe shows much better in person. This is blurry I know. Wife is the camera bug).

Reactions: JMcQ and bnichols23

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska

Here’s my Black Frigate dedicated. A Scott’s bent brandy. Superb smoker. (Apologies for my photography work, pipe shows much better in person. This is blurry I know. Wife is the camera bug).

View attachment 11117

Looks like a nice blast! I've always been curious about Scott's pipes. I have one of his little burners on the way here for the mobile pouch, but his higher end stuff I've never pulled the trigger on.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Looks like a nice blast! I've always been curious about Scott's pipes. I have one of his little burners on the way here for the mobile pouch, but his higher end stuff I've never pulled the trigger on.

I’ll come clean... I call this my “Scott Klein,” but really it’s just a Scott’s Pipes :)

It’s very special to me though because my wife noticed I continued to look at it and her and the kids pitched in and bought it for me when really they should have saved their money for something else. Y’all will probably make me walk the plank for saying this but I got tears when I opened it.

Here’s a better pic. Sorry to hog the thread.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I’ll come clean... I call this my “Scott Klein,” but really it’s just a Scott’s Pipes :)

It’s very special to me though because my wife noticed I continued to look at it and her and the kids pitched in and bought it for me when really they should have saved their money for something else. Y’all will probably make me walk the plank for saying this but I got tears when I opened it.

View attachment 11119

Hah! We both have the same lighter!

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Here's mine. Comoy's Scrimshaw with a dark and stormy stain I picked up for $18 and restored:

That is a great looking pipe! I love those scrimshaws. I will have to keep my eye out for one once I'm off the TAD market and back into the PAD market, as I'm putting most of my 'baccy money into tobacco rather than pipes right now.

That's a cool pipe as well. Is it a morta? Since I found myself getting back into aromatics lately, I've been interested in mortas and meerschaums for their absorbing characteristics.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska

View attachment 11119

It's a beaut!

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
That is a great looking pipe! I love those scrimshaws. I will have to keep my eye out for one once I'm off the TAD market and back into the PAD market, as I'm putting most of my 'baccy money into tobacco rather than pipes right now.

That's a cool pipe as well. Is it a morta? Since I found myself getting back into aromatics lately, I've been interested in mortas and meerschaums for their absorbing characteristics.

I doubt it because it wasn’t that expensive. We’re cash strapped by the time my birthday hits in late January (three kids, Christmas, 3 Jan birthdays). Also I’m fairly sure I’d have remembered that about it. My wager is it’s just good old fashioned blasted briar.

But I take your question as a compliment! I wish it were!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

View attachment 11119

Frigate threads always go sideways.?

Status
Not open for further replies.