PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
In my last TAD order, I added a few tins of blends to try for the first time. I tried some Black Frigate, and liked it okay, but I don't intend to smoke it again. I'll mail the opened tin (minus the one bowl I smoked) to the first person who PMs me his name and address (CONUS only). Hope you all had a great Christmas!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Lawdawg, get ready for the haters....lol. i actually don't like it AT ALL, despite the cult like following.
But good for you for giving it away.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Lawdawg, get ready for the haters....lol. i actually don't like it AT ALL, despite the cult like following.
But good for you for giving it away.
Oh man I'm glad to hear someone else say this. I had someone send me a sample and it was ok, but did not do a thing for me. I'm glad I didn't buy a whole tin.
EDIT: [FLAME SUIT ON]

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I wasn't a fan of it either. It tasted like smoke and ash. Perhaps my PH or something?

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
My tin is spoken for. Will be mailing it out later this week. Black Frigate is a good blend, and I can see why people like it, but it just didn't strike much of a chord with me. I'm happy to have tried the infamous Black Frigate, nonetheless.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've noticed that newer smokers often don't care for it, I had been smoking a pipe for five years when I first discovered It back in the '90s. It is an acquired taste too. Another blend to avoid if you don't care for BF would be Sextant. Very similar taste profile.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm not a newer smoker. Been smoking pipes for about seven or eight years, and cigars and cigarettes for many years before that, though I don't smoke cigarettes any more.

Jan 8, 2013
Blisterin' Barnacles! Ye should all be shamed fer yer mutiny! 'n then stripped naked 'n hung by yer toes from th' 'Frigate's' figurehead! If I had me way ye'd all be forced t' march through th' nearest port town wit' naught but a tin cup fer a garment! Ye're all a bunch o' scurvy dogs! ....ahem... O' course, really, that only means more o' th' wonderful leaf fer th' rest o' us, so perhaps ye're hatred o' this mana from Fiddler's Green be justified. :mrgreen:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Whether Black Frigate brought the fever or the fever brought... well, from now on I'll always remember Black Frigate as the last smoke before the illness. Last Friday I had a small bowl of the stuff, which I enjoyed, though I didn't finish, as it was getting bitey. Latakia seems to always irritate my throat, so I had that afterwards; but man, a day later I was down with influenza—been a miserable week. I didn't get that from BF, did I? I mean, blends don't come with germs do they? Stuff was taken from the tin to a mason jar, I always wash my hands when handling toby.
Beats me, but I think I'll be leery of the Frigate from now on. :|

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
I have about 8 pounds of black frigate. Oldest tin is from 2014. I enjoy it in doses. I can't imagine any cigarette or cigar smoker enjoying it unless they can spend 14 nights alone in a forest alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.