PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wasn't determined to like it, but I did like it right away, nice robust flavor but not harsh or over-nic'ed. It's fuller strength, so you have to tolerate that. I smoked through the tin pretty fast. I'll order it again, but I have so much tempting blend on hand, it may not be right away.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have had a tin tucked away now for about six months. I’ll crack it open to celebrate spring I think. Sounds promising.

olkofri - where did you find it in Canada?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I haven't tried Black Frigate because...
Well, how about a viking?
Load up some Black Frigate, put on your water wings and lean into an oar
Halls Of Valhalla
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It is a dessert because of its niche stronger taste, as opposed to mellow every day smoke.
Different palates always amaze me. I always found that one mild, and easily an all day smoke.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, I guess I am glad I asked the question, and appreciate the action taken. Learned to notice what section it's posted in, esp. noting that Al gets pestered with extraneous comments in those threads. Won't happen again.
Now I am sorry I have no opinion on Black Frigate, though it's on my list to try.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
When I first smoked it, I remember that room note as a smell of something like a dirty butcher-house where people would be smoking different kinds of almost rotten meat...
I found it unpalatable and stinky at the beginning, but now I can tolerate it. I still find the smell kind of bad though.

Jan 8, 2013
When I first smoked it, I remember that room note as a smell of something like a dirty butcher-house where people would be smoking different kinds of almost rotten meat...
I think it smells lovely :puffy: But then, I'm a butcher though, so.... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.