PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Yup, it’s one of his. Called the “Smokey Stomp” it’s a cute little cutty nose warmer with a big bowl and a lot of artistic interpretation. It’s my wife’s Christmas gift to me that I bought.

Beautiful acquisition, mikefu. ? I've been eyeing Steven's pipes for a while now! How does it smoke?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Beautiful acquisition, mikefu. ? I've been eyeing Steven's pipes for a while now! How does it smoke?
I won’t be into it until Christmas, when I open it. Technically I already got it, inspected it and then gave it to my wife to wrap and regift. But the drilling and workmanship are spot on. I’m looking forward to burning it!

Reactions: supperthyme

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yup, it’s one of his. Called the “Smokey Stomp” it’s a cute little cutty nose warmer with a big bowl and a lot of artistic interpretation. It’s my wife’s Christmas gift to me that I bought.
I don't think that's a cutty; it's more of a cherrywood—a freehand cherrywood if you will. Masterfully done too.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I won’t be into it until Christmas, when I open it. Technically I already got it, inspected it and then gave it to my wife to wrap and regift. But the drilling and workmanship are spot on. I’m looking forward to burning it!

Fantastic! There have been inquiries on the quality of Owl Pipes before, but very little information from those who own them. I would love to see a thread on it once you get around to breaking it in. Congrats! ?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I don't think that's a cutty; it's more of a cherrywood—a freehand cherrywood if you will. Masterfully done too.
I’m calling it an interpretive cutty. Look at the forward cant on the straight stem, and the foot. It’s technically a freehand, I suppose, but it’s like a tulip bowled cutty, with lots of artisanal variation. It’s mine so I’ll call it what I want. nana

Status
Not open for further replies.