PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Even wIth the relatively good discounts, I didn’t go mental. Got a Pete 106 Newgrange and a Winslow Rusticated Horn...

0-A1620-C7-460-B-4-D6-E-93-BE-497144-CC9-A05.jpg

BCB51203-9-B1-E-4441-8-D7-F-7-B393-DBCD197.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@craig61a, those are such beauties, congrats,your third one is on its way,, whereas the undersigned went kinda mental' as you put it during this black Friday weekend, with almost zero discounts on certain pipe brands I've got, but I promise to not do this no more in the coming year,,

Reactions: blues4goose

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I like the name of the Newgrange. I was at Newgrange for sunrise on the winter solstice many years ago. Truly a remarkable site.

Reactions: danimalia

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Got a Pete 106 Newgrange

Lovely Pete.

I went for a Blue Roon Briars Bamboo. I've wanted one of these pipes for a long time.

"Sleek and sophisticated, these supremely shaped classic and affordable pipes are hand finished to order by Jesse Jones and come from aged briar at least half a century old. Each pipe is fitted with a pre-molded ebonite stem and then hand engineered for perfect smokability..."

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I bought a few tins of my usual blends on Sunday at SP since practically everything I wanted to try was already sold out. I did get a tin of Sutliff Eastfarthing to try, which I'm looking forward to, as I understand it's inspired by the McClelland Froggies.

I went to Country Squire's website as an afterthought to stock up on some more Shepherd's Pie only to find it was sold out too. Guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks, or perhaps until after Christmas. I love the holidays, especially Christmas, but as you might be able to tell I'm a total curmudgeon about the surrounding retail frenzy, though I suppose I should not begrudge fellow pipe smokers (and anyone else, really) for taking advantage of good deals when they come around.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Then to justify myself other purchase 'I need a reliable pipe for work with plenty of chamber but not too heavyweight'and picked up this estate Chacom 270 long stem on the weekend sale from SPC,with an already faded finish and some digs, think it may fit the purpose and the price was more or less right($40)View attachment 10820

Nice pipe! I have a few Chacom pipes. Nice pipes. I don’t smoke them as often as I should...

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
craig6', as you may know, your pipe is named after Newgrange, a prehistoric ceremonial mound west of Dublin that has a long corridor leading to an inner chamber/sanctuary, and every year at winter solstice, the sun aligns so it illuminates clear into the inner chamber through the passage. The mound was long known, but the inner chamber and passage were discovered more recently in the 20th Century.

M

Marindas

I had been thinking about getting a Savinelli in the Porto Cervo line for a while. So when TobaccoPipes had their 30% off Black Friday sale, I pulled the trigger on a 305 model that I had been eyeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.