PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
rodney-detail
This is HMS Rodney built for me by my grandson to 1/127 scale.Scratch built from plans and photos. Took many months and a lot of work.This is as she was in 1334 the year I was born The pipe is a Peterson Kildare 999, I am getting on fine with the P-Lip,suits my sipping Tom
rodney-front-room-450x600.jpg
peterson-kildare.gif

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Vary nice, He did a super job on the ship. My I say you look vary well for being born in 1334 :rofl: I know you missed the 9 I just had to sorry.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Someone loves Grandpa!!Good for you,neat ship.Every time you look at it feel the love that went into it my friend!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I've always considered myself a history buff and a minor authority on naval warfare. So I think you are wrong about the year that ship was commissioned.
I would have place it as no older than the mid-1400s. (It has to do with the angle of bow and the precise placement of the forward turret. Very subtle stuff. Understandable you'd make the mistake.)
LOL
Seriously, that is a simply astounding gift.
HMS Rodney was commissioned 1927. One of the Nelson class battlewagons. These ships had very distinctive and unusual tumblehome sterns. Here's a nifty drawing of the sister ship, the Nelson: The Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.