PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
These first two images show two different Bing shapes.

This is a screenshot from the movie showing a panel pipe shape, This is the pipe he kept lit through the first performance of the song in the movie Holiday Inn (1942). Watching this scene you can see a well worn stain on the stem just in from the tip... he ddin't clean this stem often or at all.

The song won Irving Berlin the Oscar for Best Song. The movie titled White Christmas (1954) was released over a decade later.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Not sure what Der Bingle was smoking in that panel, but he looks like he was ready for a bag of Doritos.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Interesting! The second photo shows him with a Canadian or Lumberman, but the top one is what we've come to call a Bing. Can't make out the pipe in the third photo.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Here's that pipe just before Bing picks it up to ring the ornaments! It is a bit longer than it looks in this shot! We can see it's a panel shape, but...

I await jpmcwr for info on its type.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
The panel Holiday Inn pipe shows the stem wear and some knocks around the metal band. It is also the pipe that Bing leaves on the piano of Marjorie Reynolds to find in the closing scene.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I prefer White Christmas to Holiday Inn, but that's just me. White Christmas is one of the movies I have to watch every season.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
White Christmas is definitely a favorite but it's not really the Christmas season for me until I've watched It's A Wonderful Life.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I like the scene in A Wonderful Life when George Bailey comes into the building & loan office and is smoking a pipe whilst talking on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.