PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2011
Florida
I would like to share a lesson learned the hard way...I had some great tobacco in a snap close tobacco pouch not thinking much of it until it was near time to refill and I noticed the snaps were INSIDE of the rubber lining and corroded due to the moisture of my tobacco! Make sure you check your pouches before you buy...you get what you pay for in this world, and I for one am going to stick to higher end roll ups!!! :wink:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My favorite type always has been a roll up pouch. Simple and would be fool proof if fools weren't so clever.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Definitely will stay away from the snapping kind.
unclearthur--if you make something foolproof, nature breeds a better fool.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I use a roll up that costs about 6 bucks. The one that I am currently using is at least a couple of years old. I just use it for 1Q. And, only for what I can or intend to smoke in a single day. I never store tobacco in them. Just use them as a convenience and a way to keep the bulk as fresh as possible.
I recommend staying away from rubber lined pouches as well. I have had one in the past and it seemed to deteriorate rather rapidly in comparison to the cheap roll ups.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
I recently got a zippered pouch, which I like so far.

It fits neatly into the back pocket of my jeans. I put about 4 to 6 loads in it, even if I'm not going out. I just like the act of unzipping the pouch and filling my pipe from it.

Reminds me of an old guy I used to work with.

Heck, maybe I'm becoming that old guy.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I like my 'rubber' lined roll-up, it has this extra bit of rubber that makes the seal pretty damned good, I accidentally left about 20 grams in there one weekend and it was fresh as ever come Monday (which is the longest any tobacco I have will ever spend in a daily pouch) so I was happy.
Though its already started turning funny colours heh heh.
Edit: Mine isn't strictly a roll-up, it rolls yes, but it has a button-clasp as well, totally forgot about that for a moment.

dtallan

Lurker
Jan 10, 2011
I have a couple of roll-ups one for English and one for VA/Per's. I also have one zippered pouch. One of the roll-ups is 38 years old and still working well. Held a lot of 1Q back in the day then I switched it to English. I always dump the contents back into my glass jars at night. Keeping tobacco in a pouch too long turns the contents to dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.