PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimboa30

Lurker
Mar 12, 2014
I enjoy cigars and pipes primarily for the buzz; neither form of smoking requires you to inhale (I can't inhale smoke, period), so it's my preferred way to relax. Pipe smoking is more aesthetically pleasing to me, but I haven't been able to get the same buzz from it that I have when I enjoy a cigar. Does anyone know the best kind of brands for pipe smoking? I would prefer a brand I can find in a physical location to where I am (San Antonio, TX), as I won't be able to order anything online any time soon. Anyone know?

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
1792 flake. i'd recommend blending with a touch of an aromatic to smooth and balance it out, maybe 80%-20%.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I consider myself to have a fairly high nicotine tolerance. I smoked cigarettes for years. I smoke Nightcap regularly and have never gotten a buzz. So far the only thing I've really had any nic-hit from is Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois. That stuff knocked my socks off. I actually had to stop smoking it before I was done with the bowl because I was starting to be affected so heavily and didn't want to get the sweats/shakes. I've only had the 1 bowl so far, so it could've just been that specific night...but it was REALLY strong.
It's back in stock here: http://thepipeguys.com/product/tabac-semois-la-brumeuse/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two blends that give a respectable nicotine buzz are Nightcap and Five Brothers. There are many others. My

suggestion is to not have that be a major goal with pipe smoking. It's addictive and can take over your pleasure

in pipe smoking otherwise. When it turns up, I find it a pleasant addition to a bowl of tobacco, but I don't want

to be hooked. That's one perspective on it, anyway.

The absolute strongest blend that I have ever smoked was the other day, I had a bowl of Robert McConnell's Pure Caribe. I didn't think that I was going to be able to drive home for quite a while. It tastes like pure cowshit, and I would also suggest smoking it on the toilet, as it might make you mess yourself.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
GH&Co Dark Flake, or any brown rope. Stronger than any cigar I ever smoked, and I smoked a lot of them in the past.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Any of the following will do the trick just fine, the best are Royal Yacht, Five Brothers, and any rope style though.

~Ron

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Stonehaven does it for me (probably because I'm a wimp!) Smoked 4 bowls 1 night with about 4 drinks, stood up, walked a few yards, and hit the ground....I now smoke it in a Group1 bowl...:)

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I just picked up a package of Semois from Belgium. It packs a wallop. Its a ribbon cut and very dry. Has cigar like characteristics and some floral tones to it. I got a buzz from the small bowl I had but I also smoked it quickly. It burns fast.
You can get it here
The Pipe Guys
Edit: Broth already mentioned it so I will back his recommendation.

Aug 14, 2012
I have only tried one pipe tobacco that is as strong as cigars. It is an old Lane Limited product called Vuelta Abajo (Down in the Valley) which is all Cuban cigar tobacco. I didn't like it but you would love it. I doubt you can get it anymore because of the Cuban product ban. You might try Dunhill Royal Yacht for a buzz. Smoke it all the way down in a big pipe.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
User Pipestud mixes GLP's Jackknife Plug with Five Brothers for extra strength. Jackknife Plug is about as much as I can handle in a medium sized pipe, but Pipestud rides a steed named Nicotine over the rest of us mortals.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Black irish twist, people need to sit down usually smoking it. Also C&D's night train is probably the biggest nic hit I've personally tried, but I inhale my pipe. If you're really after the tobacco buzz you'll probably find you have to inhale, I inhale cigars too.

Status
Not open for further replies.