PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I am aware that some nicotine is absorbed through the oral mucosa but typically the tobacco itself has to be placed in contact, stuck between the lip and gum. I have never gotten an actual buzz from smoking it without (accidentally) inhaling. And Royal Yacht and Nightcap are my mainstays.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Haddo's Delight had me dizzier than a "Dizzy Bat Race." In fact, I smoked cigars for thirty years with not a single of nic overload. It's happened several times since I started back on the pipe. I have to be sure to smoke really slowly and also make sure the baccy is not too dry on most perique blends (Dunbar,rimboche'SJ,Elizabethan mixture,haddos,etc). Escudo is the only va/per that hasn't ever caused me problems. Part of the learning curve I guess.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Cornell & Diehl "Haunted Bookshop" makes me light headed, dizzy, and haunted.

It lives in my "cellar" now...some day...I will try it again.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It's funny, I must have a high Nic tolerance, as I've smoked quite a few of the blends mentioned and have never been buzzed by them. Not that I wouldn't say they're not strong, I just haven't been buzzed by them. The only one I've not finished a bowl of was Five Brothers. Not because of the strength, but because of taste. I just didn't like it.

The last time I remember catching a buzz from pipe tobacco, was from a blend that I wouldn't normally call "strong".

It was early in the morning, I was fresh out of bed, I hadn't eaten and I was barely awake. The blend was McClelland's 221b Honeydew Flake, I guess the conditions were just right for a buzz.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Royal Yacht

Dark Flake

GH Brown Irish X

GH Black Irish X

SG Brown #4

SG Black XX

Irish Flake
La Brumeuse is not in the same class of potency.
If you would max nicotine smoke cigars.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
As a recent other thread has talked about regarding it, Peterson's Irish Flake has quite the nic kick and is absolutely wonderfully delicious. It is probably my all time favorite blend and would have to be my "stranded on an island with one tobacco" blend. Highly recommend trying it out.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
4nogginsmike,
Lol, I have every one of those tobaccos in my rotation and enjoy them all. You are spot on though, as they all pack quite the nic kick!

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I am just getting into the ropes. I have tried Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Black Irish X and love it nice nic hit. My next one will be Rum Twist.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
If you're looking for that "dizzy" sort of buzz that you get from cigarettes, nothing has given me that buzz but a cigarette.
All forms of nicotine consumption seem to give a different "buzz", much as wine gives a different "buzz" than vodka or even beer.
I prefer the even and slow influx of nicotine that a pipe gives, and most other forms of nicotine consumption for me, I do only because I can't have a pipe at the time. First choice, will always be my pipe. Once one gets that mindset (or if one ever does?), they will never crave anything but their pipe, and all other forms of nicotine consumption will become abhorrent. That's my experience as a confirmed nicotine addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.