PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Like I need another pipe, but my eye has been wandering for something different. I have 2 meers but they have shit stems so I don't smoke them. I am looking for a high quality smooth meer that has a real nice stem. I would also prefer to buy from a US company and not a small company in Turkey if I can. It is not a deal breaker to buy from Turkey. To all the meer lovers, who has the best stems and best meers?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. welcome back Harris, feels right to see you post. Friki Baki IMO has the best but is expensive , I got this as an estate.Quality galore, stem work the best.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just looked at his site and prices are not bad. He doesn't have anything that I like right now but I will keep an eye on his site. It looks like he cares about his stems which is big for me.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I was told back in August that all of Fikri Baki’s current output is going to the Chinese market, so what you see on the Best Meerschaums website is all there is. A seller on eBay currently has a handful of Baki pipes that belonged to Fred Bass, so there’s another option. Some of those might be older works though, so whether the stem work is comparable to his current work is not certain.
I bought a new Baki pipe this year, and have owned others in the past, and I agree with Brad that the stem work is excellent.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
blackie, I saw all of those baki meers on ebay. I can pretty much buy one brand new for the prices he is asking. I just inquired as to whether BD903 on his site is available. I must have missed it in my first look, I could live with that pipe.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Looks nice. The pictures don’t do the cumberland stems justice. They look almost black in the pictures but in reality they’re a very nice dark mahogany/rust color, finely streaked in appearance.
I’m partial to BC524, myself. More of a classic look to it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is coloring nicely. BC524 has too much of a bend for me. I asked him if the one I am interested in takes a fluffy pipe cleaner with ease. I hope I didn't insult him. :roll:

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Haha, hopefully he’ll understand your concern. He’s always been pleasant and helpful in our dealings.
Here’s a closeup if the stem:

380655f5-9c2f-40b7-841a-614f1e56e1d8-558x600.jpg

With the full bend on my pipe, it is a little fiddly getting a pipe cleaner through to the bowl but I can make it happen without too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.