PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I second BriarBlues as he's awesome to deal with. If I was looking to spend a couple bills I'd get this one... Get over the used pipe thing. If you need to, replace the stem if it's an OCD thing. Buying a new car is nice, but imagine if it dropped by 50%+ the second you drove away. You're buying power $ 4 $ is so much better with estates.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Had a Stanwell estate on the workbench and is was such a well made, solid pipe! I gave it to a good friend and he loves it. They are really affordable too when you buy a new one.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
At BriarBlues he'll even go far as to tell you if a pipe is "poor" or priced way too high as prices are set by seller. He's a middleman. I just bought a seriously nice S Bang lg Billiard from him that arrives Monday. I'm seriously stoked! He's even really good about helping you out with any pipe on another site if you want advice on price or whatever.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have 2 Boswell pipes, both are excellent and were each under $120. They post pipes regularly so be sure to check the day they post, they usually sell most of them that afternoon.
They are great people down there and even though I never met them I feel as though I have built a relationship with them just by ordering their tobacco blends and pipes.
Good Luck!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
SmokingPipes just listed some estate Ligne Bretagne pipes, including this unsmoked, straight bulldog (identical to mine)

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/united-states/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=158508

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Hi Folks,

here is the result of my search for a new pipe, in case you're interested:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-new-gabrieli-thanks-for-your-help?replies=1#post-748633
Thanks for all of your help!

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
You guys got me curious about Briarblues. I've been curious about Stanwells, so I got a full blown PAD fever that resulted in the purchases below.
You're correct, Mike is great to work with. The stack is a Stanwell from the late 60s or 70s. The Guildhall is a Comoy 2nd. I posted pics elswhere in this forum and got no feedback.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
The best new pipes for under $200? Right here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OldSchoolPipes
Really great looking handmade pipes with hand cut stems, usually $100 for most rusticated pipes and $130 for most smooths.

Status
Not open for further replies.