PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
I want my first new meer to be one of those delicate Cuttys we all adore and love. Which artist would you consider for the creation of the pipe.
Here are some of the pipes I like from Simon and others.
_572_zps5a28d863.jpg

_57_zps5bbdcf9a.jpg

60b15b4951e325dea50ae6f0bf4286bc127d415.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Since nobody seems to be jumping at the chance to answer this one, I'll throw my two cents worth in...
It seems that modern day meerschaum carvers are not very skilled when it comes to the delicate graces of a classic shape. If you wanted an intricately carved figural, I could name off several carvers who could do an amazing job.
Without spending a small fortune, the only modern day meer carver I would think could pull this shape off well would be Sedat Koncak, but the Koncak/AB meerschaum website seems to be no longer working: http://koncak.sarslan.com
Without spending a small fortune, other meer carvers might be able to get close enough to what you want to make you happy, but I dare say, the pipe would not be nearly as elegant as those pictured.
Otherwise, I know it can be done, and done well... but it would cost a small fortune.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Sedat Koncak is not in business for along time.
For classic pipes todays best artists are Baki, Tekin (under Meerqueen brand) and Mustafa (under IMP brand)

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Sedat Koncak is not in business for along time.
That's sad to hear. Many of those Koncak meers, and especially the Koncak made Bauer meers, were among the nicest meers I have seen. Pleasing shapes, and excellent construction...

Status
Not open for further replies.