PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I met up with a fellow member the other day, and he sold me all this for $40. He previously told me he'd sell the pipe rack for $30, but when we met up for a smoke, he said he'd throw in the book, leather pouch, AND a bulldog for ten extra bucks.

I tried finding info on the pipe, but did not succeed. All I have to go by is what's on the pipe. On the shank; W.H made in USA. Then on the stem; there is a white heart, and next to it "Hand Cut." Great smoker though. Nice open draw.

Anyway, here are the pics...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Alright, MM.
I've been all over Pipedia and Pipephil chasing this logo.
How did you find it, friend-o?
Fnord

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jeez, I'm so sorry, GG. I would never hijack a thread intentionally.
I'm so glad you found the rack you were wanted. It looks terrific and those open stem mounts are always harder to find than the enclosed rings. You picked up a nice looking pouch and I really love that bent Rhodesian.
Good score, bud.
Fnord

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Nice score and beautiful looking bulldog... Congrats and Enjoy :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is pretty neat. I was interested in the WH pipe logo/brand as well, since I recognized Ulster Park NY, which is where Park Lane Tobacconist is located (great shop!). A little more googling yielded a post on Tamp & Puff saying that WH pipe were sold thru Wally Frank in NYC. And an Ebay ad, which has a little detail:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150637461472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1173wt_919
I love a pipe mystery!

dunringill

Lurker
Feb 4, 2010
I have a pipe stand that looks almost exactly like that. I love the way the wood and glass look together.

Status
Not open for further replies.