PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Jitterbug, maybe you'll like our new blend "Ben Gay Slices", it's a bit sweeter with a unique topping!
Woodsroad... Can't wait to try them. I'm assuming it would mix well with any of the Preparation HH blends that MacBarens sells?

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I checked my alerts at SP and for some of them 2500th in line. I will be dead before I will see some of these alerts but nice to know I guess. Good thing I got 9 tins of slices.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Bengal Slices were lingering few months ago for quite some time on SP and 4noggins.

Bought like 15 tins or so.
It is good, but not to die for, so I am passing it by since.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Jitterbug, Admiral, you guys should just sell a tin or two to those of us who are dying to try the stuff. :lol:

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Can do my friend, not a problem at all :puffy:

But for good or bad I reside in Europe ..... so shipping is tricky :crying:

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I "could" sell(or give) my Bengal Slices but the 7 tins I have are hypothetical. Two weeks ago I was able to order 5 tins from P&C and my order status still says "Shipment Pending". I think they had some type of glitch that showed them in stock when in reality they were not. Of the 2 tins I just received from SPs I just gave one to a buddy of mine who was visiting from out of state. So that leaves me with 1.. which is being stored with all the other tobaccos that I don't like. Hoping with some age I'll like them.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Few weeks ago Russ mentioned that according to the production schedule there will be a batch of Bengal slices available fairly soon.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
Few weeks ago Russ mentioned that according to the production schedule there will be a batch of Bengal slices available fairly soon.
Yes.... and they will sell out in 4 minutes flat!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
P&C has had Bengal Slices in their warehouse for over a week now. I'm sure they will post it on the site some time in the near future.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I'm positive that P&C waiting for the end of "Summer Sale". Why sell @ $9.50 if it'll sell out @$12?

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017

Yes.... and they will sell out in 4 minutes flat!
Last time most of the sites had it for several days and without buying limitations - dunno if people were not aware or just not much of an interest.
Stupid thing is that it is the next hysteria just because you cant find it available, people are going nuts and buying regardless.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
To me there is something new on the retrohale, haven't had anything quite like it.I am referencing/paraphrasing the same ol same ol lat post.
I do think the latest blend may greatly benefit from some aging to fully pull the flavor out. I am just finishing my first tin of 4 however.
I do realize I have few posts but I am tossing my gray hairs down!
I think it is really good.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I got a nice fat flake of Bengal Slices from jitterbugdude today, thanks Randy! I carefully rubbed out about a third of it and promptly went out to enjoy this wonderful fall day. A very nice smoke indeed. The rest of the flake got ensconced in my old Bengal Slices tin I got from ebay. I will wait for another beautiful day to try it again.

Oh, Randy also sent me a sample of one of his blends. I will try my best to review it when I try it. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.