PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
In stock notifications from SP were explained recently around the latest Esoterica madness :)
Long story short if they receive say 100 tins - the first 100 customers that signed for in stock notification get the mail :)

Then they get moved to the end of the list (given the fact they sign again for notification).
But if you are N 650 in the list and you will receive in stock only if they have received at least 650 tins of the particular blend.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
It is a cool system, at SP but I signed up for a few hard to get items about 2 years ago and have yet to receive a notification.

I was not aware we have a new Penzance frenzy on our hands, next time I will checkout immediately.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
There is a way to check where you rank in the notifications, but need to dig it out :)

Easy to imagine they got less than hundred of Penzance tins for example.

Two years means like 4-5 deliveries so you if you initially were somewhere above the 500 mark.
More annoying is that you may very well miss it and here you are back on the bottom of the line :(

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
C'mon Bengal Slices.. I'm still waiting..
ZfPfGOb.jpg

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Never bought it when it was avalible, but there are blends out there similar to it so i guess i will do just fine.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
I have yet to try it, but I have seen a comparison between Bengal Slices and Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding, which I love.

3rdguy or Woodsroad, what do you think about that comparison? The ingredients seem basically the same. :puffpipe:

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Russ created Fusiliers' Ration to be a 'tribute' to Bengal Slices. It receives good reviews. I have tried it and like it, but have never had any Bengal Slices to compare it to. Russ created the 'Ration' before he got the inside info to re-create Bengal Slices. Sure wish I could find some Bengal Slices.

The irony is that up until Woods and Condor revived this blend, the Briary couldn't sell Bengal Slices at all. They had a whole crate in the tobacco room for years and years. I actually tried it, and was not wow'd by the original. But, when the new release of it was announced it suddenly became everyone's favorite, and Skip finally managed to unload a ton of it that had aged in the humidor. Funny how things work that way.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
There is a way to check where you rank in the notifications, but need to dig it out [:)]
Piece of cake...

click on "Your Account"

scroll down to "Lists"

Open the link that says "One Time Alerts"
Currently, I am #310 on the list!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Hmm I need to add this to my buy list sometime. It may take me a year or two to get to it as I've got 25 or so blends sitting in a box that I haven't gotten around to.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I was #30 on Sp's notify list.
Received my tins already. Hopefully Sunday night will be relaxing enough to where I can sample the goodness. Never had it before.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
Ready for some BLASPHEMY? I just tried Bengal Slices for the first time... and... and... I don't like them at all. They taste just like any other run of the mill Lat blend. I was hoping there would be a sweet topping to compliment the Lat, kind of like a sweet and spicy flavor. Oh well, I have 7 tins that I'll store and try again next year. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.