PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Hey all,
Been gone for awhile. I work for a church full time- I sing and speak for a living. Last November I began developing some serious voice issues which have continued even at present. I haven't sang since Christmas.
Anyway, I mostly gave up anything which could be blamed- basically stopped smoking pipes (miss it), cut way back on alcohol, switched to decaf coffee (ack), etc.
Man I miss the pipe! I've been smoking a few here and there because not smoking hasn't seemed to help either.
So, just wanted to say hi, and hope you are all well.
God bless,
Chris

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Let me be the first to say you've been dearly missed. Really hoping your voice heals more than anything. But would be great to have my smoking bud back. Get well brother.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Chris, I hope and pray you are healed and can start back enjoying your pipes. You have your priorities correct though. God bless.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Chris, you and your posts have certainly been missed. I hope you are receiving medical attention for whatever it is affecting your voice. My prayers are with you.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
It warms my heart when forum members who take a leave of absence for whatever reason, check back periodically to let us know what's up. Thanks Chris, I hope you get better real soon my man.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Welcome back, Chris!
Perhaps it is the "over-use" of your voice and not the "puffing-on-the-pipe" that causes a problem. Personally, if you have checked the symptoms medically, I would then ignore the "medical" down-play of smoking your pipe. Just my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Our choir director had a similar sounding dilemma and it ended up being some kind of "nodes" on her vocal chords that were caused by over use.
I hope that you are able to resolve yours and be singing soon ... it's so good for the soul.
Thanks for checking in and take care!
Darin

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Wish I had some advice that could help you. I'll just say hang in there, and hope this will pass soon.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Chris:
Glad to hear from you again and, like everybody else, I hope the pipes heal soon.
You made your bones with this post, pal:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/picture-of-my-son
Blessings to each and everyone in your tribe.
Fnord

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Welcome back. I, too, am a worship leader at our local church, though it is not how I earn my living. A few years ago one of our singers had vocal symptoms similar to yours and it turned out she had some nodes on her vocal cords, caused by overuse. They went away naturally, but she didn't sing for many months.
I hope and pray you recover soon. Eph 6:10

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
glad to see your still around! Hope all gets better and you can enjoy a smoke soon.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Good to see you here Chris - I hope you get your voice issues sorted and that you'll be able to pick up the pipe again.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Welcome back, Chris
Really sorry to hear that you are still facing these issues; I remember when you first mentioned them
Hopefully this will be put behind you soon

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice to see you posting again! I truly hope that these issues can be resolved soon.
Best,
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.