PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I have been wanting a Ryan Alden pipe for a long time. I was lucky enough to get this author which is one of my favorite shapes. I can only echo the comments made by others here on the forum about what an outstanding person and craftsman Ryan is.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a beauty Chris! Have you burnt any leaf in it yet?
A Ryan Alden pipe is on my wish list too...perhaps a Canadian or a sleek Liverpool?? :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
A Ryan Alden pipe is on my wish list too...perhaps a Canadian
Just do it. I have a blasted Alden Canadian and it is one of my favourite pipes. Go get yourself one.
-- Pat

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you.

I haven't smoked a bowl in it and haven't received it yet. It's shipped. Those are the pictures Ryan sent me.

Dimensions:

Size:5"x1.63"

Bowl: .79"x1.38"

Weight:45 grams

Aldecaker, I don't know. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can answer what part of the tree is used.

Jim, like Pat said. Do it man before his prices go up as he so richly deserves.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is an especially lively rendition of one of my favorite shapes, with nifty texture and knock-out curves to the shank and stem. That's the reason to go for an artisanal carved pipe.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Congrats, that is a nice Alden.
I've picked up three different Strawberry wood pipes. All three makers told me the same thing, smoke it slow the first couple bowls. Other than that, there is not much difference in the way they smoke. Lighter pipes usually so that is nice. You probably won't stop at just the one Alden either. That man can make a nice pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.