PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
I really like the smaller, flatter, wide-mouth Mason Jars for keeping my various bulk tabaks in; but, I can't stand the hand scrawled labeling.
So, I contacted an artist friend who can print out the labels I need, AND, has a plotting-cutter which cuts perfect circles.
Quick as a flash, the postman was at my door.
Putting it all together made for some great looking eye-candy.
And another perspective
I am now waiting on a new order of bulk tabaks to add to my collection, so it's off to get more of these great wide-mouth jars - which hold +/- 2 Ounces of most tabaks - Sherm Natman

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Ummmmm, and I would cut the perfect circles with a "basic printer" how?
As stated in the OP, my artist friend has a plot-cutter which cuts perfect circles; which I do not have, nor have I ever seen the ability to cut perfect circles made possible as a feature on a "basic printer" - Sherm Natman

label_01_300pix.jpg

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Shermnatman,
Those are some handsome jar labels. They add a touch of class to your collection. If you decide you want to do these on your own, you can get the Avery labels (2 3/4” I believe) and print them at home with any printer. They are round labels and Avery even has a user-friendly design website where you can work on these. Let me know if you need any help with them in the future. Your friend did a great job compared to my labels.
Stay lit!
3c335e7f-e77b-4a11-8235-54267f47cf03-585x600.jpg

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Why overcomplicate things? Here's a way to cut those perfect circles at the exact right size without the need for any expensive equipment.
0604-ej-canning-lids-01-500x335.jpg

Just place the lid over the picture and cut with scissors or exacto knife. Perfect size, perfect placement.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
It would appear that many pipe smokers have indeed completely abandoned the KIS principle.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
MileHighPiper - Thanks for the offer. If she (the artist with the plot-cutter) should decide "enough is enough" after I put in my list for the next round of lids I need, I may take you up on that. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get to tabaks for which is there is no established tin art/label. I am hoping that for those cases where new label-art would need to be custom created, I can offer her a "graphic-arts challenge". Not being an graphic-artist, nor a computer-art person, it is always good to have a friend who is both - Sherm Natman
sherm_natman_logo_full_size-600x303.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@shermnatman, I love your jars and labels. Strong work.
As stated in the OP, my artist friend has a plot-cutter which cuts perfect circles; which I do not have, nor have I ever seen the ability to cut perfect circles made possible as a feature on a "basic printer"

I agree that cutting perfect circles is difficult. I also print labels like you and have never been able to get them perfect and it drives me crazy. That’s just the way I am. So I’m glad you had a contact to do it right. Three cheers.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I don't mean to sound like a naysayer, but how exactly can you not get a perfect circle at the perfect size if you use the lid as a guide?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I think many of us wish we had such a friend. Very nicely done!
With such a printer, you can print on metal, clear, sheepskin, etc.! Wow!
label_05_300pix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.