PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Lord knows I'm no fan of the current administration - and that would be the Executive Branch, thank you very much.
But the send off today for Beau Biden was profoundly moving. Our President paid his respects eloquently - without a TOTUS in sight - US Army COS Ray Odierno addressed the congregants and then Chris Martin, the front man for Cold Play - who'd heard that Beau was a fan - volunteered his services and beautifully sang 'Til Kingdom Come.'
I do remember when Beau went overseas. As the son of a sitting vice-president I knew he would more than likely never hear gunfire - or ever be in imminent threat of attack. Yet, at the same time, as sitting Attorney General for the State of Delaware, he just as easily could've asked to be excused from his duties with the Delaware National Guard and nobody would've said sic'em. But, he went to the sandbox anyway.
My friends here know I'm a pretty conservative guy. But, that said, if Beau Biden went to Afghanistan to pad his resume I don't really give a shit. He went. Safe gig or not, he still went. For that alone I'll remember him at mass tomorrow and offer prayers for his family during their time of grief.
Pax.
Fnord

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I'm with you, brother. Respects have and will be paid by this seadog. Bless the family now in their time of need, oh Lord.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
The sandbox wasn't/isn't completely safe even for a company clerk inside the wire.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I"m with you Jim all the way. It's mind boggling to think about losing a child. He went and served, not like Mohammad Alie who I despise, even Elvis went. I saw part of the Furneal and had to turn it off as it brought back too many bad memories for me, Rest in Peace Little Biden.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I share Woodsroad's sentiments. I can't imagine the gut kick Joe is experiencing and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.