PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
So I ran into some buddys of mine that I hadn't seen in 5 or so years at a bar the other day. We when outside to smoke and have a few drinks, I decided what better time for a bowl. So I pulled our my pipe and tobacco and started smoking. As soon as I did my friend looks at me and says "Did you grow that beard because you smoke a pipe or did you start smoking a pipe because you grew that beard?" All I could do my laugh, but it did get me thinking how many pipe smokers do have a beard? So who is rocking the beard on the fourms? I've been growing mine a little under a year and it's about 5 or six inches long and dont see me getting rid of it anytime soon.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I have a close trimmed beard. I haven’t seen my naked face since high school. Men are lucky to be able to hide behind their beards. I wish I could grow a thicker beard but I have to keep it trim otherwise it starts looking patchy. I would sell my soul to the devil for a thicker beard but I can’t seem to get in touch with him. :evil:

Reactions: odobenus

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I tried growing a beard, but it wasn't because I was a pipe smoker. Some of my friends grew one and they looked good, so I thought why not try. The thing itched so much and it looked like a patchy lawn, so at the urging of my wife, who didn't like it, I shaved it off, but I did retain a moustache.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
My profile pic shows how long mine was last summer. I think it got to about 7 inches before I shaved around Christmas. I like shaving it off once in a while and letting it grow back. Seems to get healthier and thicker and grow longer, but maybe that's my experience. I'm back now to about 2-1/2 inches and will likely take it on out as long as it'll grow this time.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I prefer a closely cropped beard and have had one continuously since 1972, some 2 years before I took up the pipe.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
When I finally grew a beard a couple of years ago, a friend of my wife's remarked, "You look very substantial." Lol. Still don't know what that means exactly, but I chuckle about it every now and then. Perhaps I looked insubstantial before?

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
If I could, I would. But I can't, so I shan't. Only grows in thick on the chin and at the moustache.

Jan 8, 2013
I think this was from September or maybe October? It's much longer and fuller now with the sides about the same as the front. but I'm considering taking it back down a bit on the sides like in this photo. I liked wearing it like this. And it's a bit more Texas heat friendly.
HXncPVX.jpg

Edit to add: The beard came after the pipe, although I used to wear a goatee. But I didn't grow it because of the pipe. I grew it because it just felt right to do so. My father always wore a beard as well. I would like to say I wear it because I'm too lazy to shave.... but honestly I spend more time on my beard every day than I ever did shaving lol. Between washing, oiling, balm, and wax, combing, styling the mustache if I feel like it.... I have to get up earlier than I used to just because of the beard :rofl:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Goatee here...I guess that's not considered quite as filthy as a full beard:
Men's beards are dirtier than dogs, according to new study
Professor Andreas Gutzeit, the Daily Mail reports. “On the basis of these findings, dogs can be considered as clean compared with bearded men.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/mens-beards-are-dirtier-than-dogs-according-to-new-study/ar-BBVXVm6

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Full beard? No. I can grow a goatee and a mustache, that's it. No back hair or chest hair...a few hairs around my nipples. I know, too much information. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.