PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
While I sit and enjoy my pipe, my son comes over and entertains me with a nice fishing show... he's pulling in some nice large mouth bass from our pond this spring.
Life is good... life is extra good with a pipe and great kids!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That's awesome apatim. How much land do you have to have your own pond with fish like that?

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks guys... I only have about 1/2 acre. Pond is about 1 acre, total. My land stretches across the pond into the preserve. I'm in the middle of the city but my lot backs up to a several hundred acre nature preserve so it is like living in the country. When we bought 13 years ago, I didn't really care much for the house (it was just "ok") but I loved the location and view!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My son said 5-6 lbs... so probably 2-3. :rofl:
Actually, it had a large girth. It felt pretty heavy to me and may have been 5-6. I'm not a fisherman but he has always loved fishing, hunting... animals in general. He bought his first boat with his own money when about 9-10 years old. We lived on the river at the time and he would launch himself, fish for hours and then clean up everything and clean the fish caught afterward. His hobbies kept him out of trouble through those teen years!

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Apatim, thats awesome! Im a country boy to the core and can't imagine living in the city. (I live near Nashville, but its far enough in the sticks that no one bothers me.) Way to make the best of city living! Thats a great catch. Fishing and pipes go together like peanut butter and jelly!

philm68

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
I like to catch some bass myself but I like using artifial lures and a bait caster so my hands are always busy. I'll be moving to Jax in July so I'll be advnturing to all new fishing holes soon.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My son uses lures, too. We'll have to meet up when you get to Jax. It's a great area... beaches are beautiful - great fishing, boating, golf, etc.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Nice fish! 3.5 - 4.5 even though she is a bit skinny, wonder if she just spawned. Could have stuck your head in that mouth!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
If only I had a pond and fish like that in my back yard! I would never go to work, or do anything else... but, it would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.