Baofa Butane Pipe Lighter. Worth the Investment?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Macado left the forum a year ago, and his purchase was in Brazil.

Function wise, BTUs per dollar, it's hard to beat a BIC. But then there are aesthetics, and the long term: By 2056 I will have amortized the cost of an old boy so that the per light cost will be cheaper than a BIC..... sher

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Function wise, BTUs per dollar, it's hard to beat a BIC. But then there are aesthetics, and the long term: By 2056 I will have amortized the cost of an old boy so that the per light cost will be cheaper than a BIC..... sher

Hahahaha. Love this

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
But I really like my Old Boys- IM Coronas
I have tried many styles of pipe lighters over the last 30 years, cheap throw away ones to some costing more than a very good pipe. They all break and all have failed eventually.
The only model I had decent luck with are the 2 Corona Old Boys I was gifted. Even with these I have had to send them in for factory service. But I do like their “soft” angled flames and the built in tamper is handy, so it was worth it to me to have them repaired and I still use them time to time.
I do like matches very much but you can go through a box of matches on a windy day.
All this said, dollar for dollar, a “bic” lighter style still can’t be beat. If it breaks or runs out, and they all do, you toss it, pick up another and go back to better pursuits, like pipe smoking.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I've sucessfully passed a LAD, decided for a bunch of BIC lighters, a beer and a strudel. The extra money will be put in a piggy bank for tobacco. :LOL:

Reactions: vates

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ve got about a dozen Clipper lighters scattered around the house. Very convenient, refillable and just the right diameter if I want to use the base to tamp my tobacco before I light it.

Status
Not open for further replies.