New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first actual win on an Ebay Auction. I've made "buy it now" transactions, but every single time that I have attempted to win something on there, I get sniped in the final minute. I have two other estate Coldings, of which I only know that they were made in Denmark and the ones that I had already were made in the 50's-60's, according to my local tobacconist. So, I occasionally do a web search for Colding Pipes, but there is no information on the company online that I can find. But, I happened upon this pipe this morning, and managed to actually win it in auction, yeh!

And, I am anxious to get this one. No, it wasn't expensive, nor anything others may collect. But, I really like their style and deep and narrow bowls. This one is a little more "Danish" looking than my others, in that it has a bend and more "freehand" look to the design of the bowl. I'm anxious to get this one loaded up with a fine Virginian leaf and kick back.

This is a birthday present to myself, and should arrive on the actual day of my birth. I hope this evening is finding you ladies and gents in an excellent spirit.

colding-new.jpg

Ugg, Sam, now that adds a tinge of anxiety to my anticipation.

I checked out their reviews, and it all looked good. I saw just three complaints out of hundreds, and they were about shipping and some other nit-pickyness. No one seems to claim that the pictures are different from the product, or doctored. They do remove the background, but many online vendors do this.

Oh well, I will definitely post if the pipe isn't as pristine as the pictures. Just a couple of more days :::sigh:::

Status
Not open for further replies.