PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
So now that I have been using the Savinelli balsa filters regularly, I have been re using them. I let them dry, and the next day they are good to go again.
Have you tried using doubled up pipe cleaners? I woud think that would do about the same thing and cheaper...

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
Can filters be ghosted? I've been unwilling to reuse my balsa filters because I don't wanna be tasting the previous blend.
They do ghost a bit but I read you can boil the gunk out in water and reuse them after drying. I just got some of these balsa ones myself and I'd give it a shot when they're done... if there's anything left of it.

(Boiling out the gunk with nording Keystones/akadama works so, why not)

Jun 27, 2016
The balsa filters are cheap & quick enough for me to make, so I just dump them after every use. Meer chips as well, they're cheap enough even at one use.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
They're not as cheap here, but I'd rather use them one time than be fussing with them. If I smoked the same blend at least twice in a row I could just reuse them, but I hardly ever do.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I toss them. They smell pretty strong after one sitting with 2 or 3 bowls. 200 9mm cost about $40 on Amazon or TP.com

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I never reuse any filters, they are so wet after one smoke that it would result in gurgle, besides having a nasty ash-trayer-like smell.
Can they not be ghosted? :) Maybe, if you're not a wet smoker, smoke the same blend and dry it to crispy.

Status
Not open for further replies.