Balkan Blue (Blue Mountain) & Blackhouse?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I've been smoking Blackhouse for several years now and although it's a great blend, it just never really captivated me like it did some. I recall a small cult like following here on the forums at one point in time (Baronsamedi even had a "Blackhouse" inspired tattoo painted on half of his chest). I guess I never got the koolaid doused batch that everyone else did :lol:. To the point, I threw some Balkan Blue in my last TAD order based off of a few good reviews I'd read. Both reviews about Balkan Blue being a great blend on its own..... But also that 50/50 Balkan Blue & Blackhouse is absolute ZEN. Anyone tried this mixture? Balkan Blue House I guess I'll call it. My Balkan Blue will be here tomorrow and I fully intend to sample it on its own before creating Frankenstein's monster, but I'm curious as to whether any of you have given a mixture of the two a try? Please share your experiences.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I would only ever taint my balkan blue with blackhouse if and only if I could get balkan blue in bulk.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Well I got my tins in today. Diving into the GL Pease quiet nights first but I'll give the Balkan Blue a good run before I do anything crazy with it.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I once loved both of these blends, stocked up...now I dislike them terribly. I hate when that happens.

Jun 27, 2016
I've tried both individually and mixed. I have problems with the DFK in the Black House though. Ended up not liking the Black House because of it. The Balkan Blue is OK, but I find the Cyprian Star to be similar and I personally liked it a little better than the Blue when I comparo-smoked them a while ago. I plan to compare those two again at some point. :puffpipe:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I opened a tin of Balkan Blue yesterday. It's the first McClelland English since Frog on the Bayou. I'm impressed. Anybody get a soda note?

Status
Not open for further replies.