Balkan Blue (Blue Mountain) & Blackhouse?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jtaggie320

Jul 18, 2012
I've been smoking Blackhouse for several years now and although it's a great blend, it just never really captivated me like it did some. I recall a small cult like following here on the forums at one point in time (Baronsamedi even had a "Blackhouse" inspired tattoo painted on half of his chest). I guess I never got the koolaid doused batch that everyone else did :lol:. To the point, I threw some Balkan Blue in my last TAD order based off of a few good reviews I'd read. Both reviews about Balkan Blue being a great blend on its own..... But also that 50/50 Balkan Blue & Blackhouse is absolute ZEN. Anyone tried this mixture? Balkan Blue House I guess I'll call it. My Balkan Blue will be here tomorrow and I fully intend to sample it on its own before creating Frankenstein's monster, but I'm curious as to whether any of you have given a mixture of the two a try? Please share your experiences.

clickklick

Preferred Member
May 5, 2014
I would only ever taint my balkan blue with blackhouse if and only if I could get balkan blue in bulk.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
I've still got a couple tins of Balkan Blue labeled as Blue Mountain :mrgreen: I'm saving those for a few more years.

jtaggie320

Jul 18, 2012
Well I got my tins in today. Diving into the GL Pease quiet nights first but I'll give the Balkan Blue a good run before I do anything crazy with it.

kirkland

Mar 24, 2017
I once loved both of these blends, stocked up...now I dislike them terribly. I hate when that happens.

balkisobrains

Preferred Member
Jun 27, 2016
I've tried both individually and mixed. I have problems with the DFK in the Black House though. Ended up not liking the Black House because of it. The Balkan Blue is OK, but I find the Cyprian Star to be similar and I personally liked it a little better than the Blue when I comparo-smoked them a while ago. I plan to compare those two again at some point. :puffpipe:

perdurabo

Preferred Member
Jun 3, 2015
I opened a tin of Balkan Blue yesterday. It's the first McClelland English since Frog on the Bayou. I'm impressed. Anybody get a soda note?