PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bailey looks like a wonderful cat, such understanding in the eyes, and beautiful markings. I had a great buddy who was an orange tabby, Linwood. Our oldest cat Bella has just been put on prescription food for slowing kidneys. She has quite a history, kittens when she was "too young to have them," years of hunting the pine barrens of Long Island, a tour in Greenwich Village, and a trip to relocate to N.C.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
mso489, he was a wonderful companion. Once we figured each other out and he settled into adulthood we communicated in several ways. Hand signals, eye motions and verbal. Amazed me. He was also a social cat and liked people. He slept on top of my wife's head at night, she could cuddle with him. Something she misses terribly.

He spent time with me in my den and seemed to enjoy our his days in our lives.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Having close bonds with creatures really deepens your sense of life, I think. They are intense students of people, their food source and companions, and over time learn probably more about us than we do about them. They become brilliantly attuned to us and pick up cues that even our family members and close friends do not. Of course I'm sentimental about my cats (and dogs, horses, donkeys, birds, despite not living with those species, though I grew up with an amazing dog). Just this one story since I'd go on too long. When I first brought home Linwood from the shelter, in a day or two, I needed to take him to the vet. He would not go in the carrier. I turned him and tussled with him, and finally ended up with the carrier in one hand and the cat over my shoulder, to go to the vet. Somewhere it hit me cold -- this big rangy orange cat had wrestled me to a win...and hadn't extended his claws nor nipped. I told my dad that on the phone, and there was a pause. Then he said, "A real gentleman." Yes.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Six months yesterday since I lost my girl Fly. Your post got me thinking about her so I looked for this pic, taken a couple of days earlier. Look at that smile, just look at it :rofl: She would smile every time I asked her.
dscf10112-600x450.jpg

We certainly get attached to them :crying:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
vorhees:
Your Bailey was indeed a handsome fellow! He reminds me of a short-haired version of one of my own cats, Buster, who passed on the 11th of this month at age 16. My wife and me bottle-raised him and his two sisters from three-days of age (some so-and-so discarded them in a Dumpster). Our veterinarian always maintained that big yellow male cats such as yours and ours often made the best of companions due to their typically fine temperament.
Our cats may be gone, but they live immortal in our hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.