PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I've had tickets for The Who concert here in Kansas City for months and they announced this evening that it's been postponed. Roger Daltrey has swollen vocal cords. Getting old is a bitch.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
You never know what you're going to get when you go to one of the Geritol Traveling Road Shows. I went to see Bob Seeger a month or two ago and it was pretty good! But he has adapted using a full horn section & backup singers. There must have been up to 8-10 people going on & coming off the stage at times depending on the next set.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man

To be the sad man

With swollen cords

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
You never know what you're going to get when you go to one of the Geritol Traveling Road Shows.

Very true! Some of the concerts on PBS are almost painful to watch. I saw Crosby, Stills & Nash at Starlight Theatre a couple of years ago and they still sounded great.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Went to see Willie Nelson (on a bill with Bob Dylan) about six years ago. Willie's voice was so gone, he essentially spoke the lyrics, but he loved the crowd and the crowd loved him, and I think his voice came back. The tour just overbooked. Mellencamp was on the program but amped up so much everyone either put in ear plugs or hid behind the stands. Why Nelson and Dylan let him do that, I don't know. That part of the show was a loss.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Went to see Willie Nelson (on a bill with Bob Dylan) about six years ago.
I saw that same tour, late in the summer at a small outdoor venue. Willie was great but Dylan was weak. I took it that it was late in the tour and Dylan was just worn out. But who really knows what you're going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.