PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I'd send it back. A big mortise/tenon gap on a straight pipe is a sure way to get a nasty mouthful of goo.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
I'm glad you were able to make a decision. I am not a Pete collector. I only have a #69 rocky donegal myself. That being said, I am a pipe collector. If there is one thing I've learned, it is that you won't smoke a pipe you don't like. Aesthetics, drilling, smoke, if there is something you don't like, send it back or resell it. Otherwise that pipe will either collect dust or become an obligation.

jwurbel

Lurker
May 26, 2014
I am new to the site and was helped immensly by information I reviewed about a purchase I was contemplating from a vendor in England. Needless to say I didn't go through with it.

To the point. I purchased a 2013 Peterson Pipe of the Year about six month ago and have used it approximately 6 times. I examined it when I received it and there was not a thing wrong. I am extremely careful with my pipes and when I took it out this last time it looks like two fills have started to partially show themselves by losing some of the fill. I don't tamp or hit them against anything when I clean them.

Has anyone else had this happen? Very disappointing considering the cost and not sure what to do (repair)?

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
A few months ago I purchased a Shannon bent bulldog. The drilling looks spot on and it will easily pass a pipe cleaner. Looks spiffy as well although the finish is rather over buffed. Too bad it's a lousy smoker, even after a couple dozen bowls of various blends through it. It has a bitter nasty taste with everything no matter how I've packed and smoked it. I must have gotten a really green and sour piece of briar. It's decidedly out of my rotation and I'd almost feel guilty gifting it to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.