PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
If you have the means, stock the cellars deep, as was already mentioned, "THEY" will eventually get around to banning internet sales of tobacco completely.....this will occur sooner than we anticipate.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"If you have the means, stock the cellars deep,"
This is my intention. I plan on accumulating sufficient tobacco to last me for ten years over this year and possibly next year.
You can be certain that by the time this legislation (in whatever country you live in) is enacted, B&M shops will already be a distant memory.
Imagine having a rack of pipes but nothing to put in them! Stock up while you are able but also be mindful of your fellow smoker, don't go buying up a trader's entire stock of a particular blend for your cellar, that is just plain greedy.
Regards,
Jay.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
France bans internet sales of tobacco and has done for a while, B&M shops still exist. Pipe tobacco is available in most towns, what does suffer is choice.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Buy 'em while you can. B&M's will still be around when Internet sales eventually get banned, which will be beneficial for B&M's, and B&M's will probably stock more blends if they get more demand. Tobacconists are a business. If tobacco sells, product will be offered.
How many blends will disappear is anyone's guess, but I expect that the well established blending houses will continue as they have. Tobacco used to be much more expensive, with a far smaller number of choices. That changed. Now conditions are swinging back in that direction. But even if we go from 6,000+ blends down to 1,000, that will still be a lot more than were around when I started smoking a pipe.
If you stock up on what you like of the endangered species, you'll still be able to enjoy what you like.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
outlaw-pipe.jpg

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
In EU there was always a ban on shipping bigger quantities of tobacco and alcohol from one country to another since ever one got different taxes.

Now shipping of tobacco is completely forbidden within EU, it is not just German thing. Some shops still ship thou.
It is all fun and games until health insurance companies start to charge smokers absurd money, that would be the end of pipe smoking market imo. But it would first take place in the States. Here no one could test you for nicotine, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.