PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I saw this in the news and it struck me that scumbag eBay sellers aren't confined to a few unseedy pipe sellers.
http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/mar/17/2-las-vegas-men-face-charges-in-ebay-scheme/

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
While I firmly believe that these people should be sentenced to public floggings for what they did, I nearly wet myself laughing at this line from the article:
In one instance, a victim who paid for a metal detector instead received two cords, 35 cents in change, and an empty tin of Altoids, officials said.
I mean seriously?
Why would you mail this? Why not just save yourself a stamp and not send ANYTHING?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
In one instance, a victim who paid for a metal detector instead received two cords, 35 cents in change, and an empty tin of Altoids, officials said.
I'm shocked this doesn't happen more often. Perhaps it does and we just don't hear about it. I hope justice will be served, but I tend to agree with Glouchesterman's comment.
I wonder what their feedback rating was? (on sales from 2014, I guess those are lost now)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Why not just save yourself a stamp and not send ANYTHING?
If you send nothing, the case is open and closed.
If you send random stuff, it is up to the buyer to prove it is not a metal detector.
After all... the lawyers say "it might be."

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ok. This just seems to be the dumbshit parade. From the article, this went on for nearly 7 months. Didn't the buyers contact eBay about their box of spoiled belly button lint? Didn't eBay do anything to shut this down? It just seems like dumbshit grifters conning dumbshit buyers through a dumbshit service. Am I missing some other aspect of dumbshit here?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
the dumbshit parade

Good summary of modern civilization. eBay especially.
Modern = high-tech. High-tech dumbshits are dangerous. Especially the more clever ones.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Ebay has served me well with some great pipes. Due diligence and all that rot is required. But stupid is as stupid does. Just look at the state of things in general. I do not find ebay any different than walking on to a car lot and dealing with a salesman... Some are shady, some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.