PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I had my surgery a week early,the hospital phone last week to see if I could come in a week early as there had been a cancellation,that was fine by me so I went in last Wednesday.The joint was fixed but when the surgeon got in there it seems that the tendon tear was worse than previously showed up on the scan,no reall problem,just meant a few more titanium anchors.j Just to make sure that things didn't go completely to plan my TPR's didn;t settle down but it was just a blip and I'm home now.Problem with this sort of surgery (shoulder)my arm will be in a sling for six weeks then then another five months physio.At least my scrap value has gone up with the extra titanium,not to say the bragging points at grandaughters school :lol:
Tom

btw this is all done left handed,sling is very restrictive.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have some anchors in my left biceps tendon from where I tore it off the bone. Only weird thing is that when you are out in the cold for a long period of time and then go inside to warm up, the titanium takes longer to warm up than the rest of you and you can feel it. Not uncomfortable in any way, just noticeable. Get well soon brother...good luck with your tamping ha ha ha. It can be a real pain in the ass when one of your arms is incapacitated.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Glad you're on the mend....
i have a titanium rod knee to ankle and 6 screws since 2002.
the only time i realize it is extremely low pressure rolling through.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Great news ! I also have a rod some and screws in my leg. It's been 7 years but that cold taking longer for the metal warming up is still the weirdest feeling. Best wishes to you and your recovery.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Glad you're back Morlader and on the mend!

Do your physio... It might be a pain, and seem to be a monumental waste of your pipe time...

But... it'll be worth it.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.