PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I run a pipe club at our local B&M, DD & Co Inc., in Hiram, Ga and I hang out there a lot, as a matter of fact am hanging out there right now. I have helped them expand their tin selection and brought in some new customers. I help answer any questions that customers have about pipes and have taught many a guy how to smoke a pipe in there. I was hanging out today as I said, working on stuff for the Free Pipe Project and the owner calls me over. He has the lighter case open, the Xikar rep is here. He lights up a silver pipeline and asks me if it is something I would use. I said yeah it puts out about the same amount of flame as my scribe. I figured he just wanted to get my opinion as a pipe guy. I get asked a lot of questions and am only too happy to contribute any help that I can. He instead said, "thanks for all you do around here" and gave it to me. It is a beautiful lighter with the pull out tamper on the bottom. For anyone in the area or just passing through, this place is worth stopping at, the community is awesome and so are the owners!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Always good to get something when you're not expecting it. You earned a little something for your free services.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Shaintiques, may you get many more blessings for what you done and have done to US newbie pipe smokers.. You have a heart of gold and I am glad you are on the receiving end of some good carma. You make me wishni lived in Georgia but I cant leave my BUCKEYES! LOL

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@marine33, I hope he isn't doing anything to us young smokers, that is the last thing our hobby community needs.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is a link to what I was given, all silver finish with the tamper on the bottom.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/lighters/39391/xikar-pipeline-lighter/

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
That's a beautiful lighter, and no one deserves a gift like that more than you do, for all that you do. You are a good man.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
A very classy gesture.

I have the same lighter and 2 scribes. I like the scribes better to get into a bowl but you cannot beat a Xikar, lifetime warranty.

Cheers,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.