PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
You can get Dunhill 965 in bulk but it doesn't seem to be much cheaper than the tins. Get on the emails lists for pipesandcigars.com, 4noggins.com, paylesspipes.com and smokingpipes.com. They'll email you when they have good sales running. Save up now and stock up then. And order enough to take advantage of their free shipping or you negate most of the savings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you buy in bulk, best to have canning jars to keep it fresh. I don't do this with every small quantity I buy to sample, but anything over two ounces, you'd be wise to jar, or any quantity you want to age for a while. You can keep a group of small baggies in a big jar -- not optimal but better than not jarring it. Orlik in tins is one of the less expensive tinned tobaccos and Golden Sliced is widely popular. If you'd like to try a superb, mild, tinned English, Nat Sherman 536 is among the best. It's about $12 a tin, but I think you'd like it.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
For those interested in Mississippi River, P&C has it back in stock in 2oz. tins and in bulk.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
@mdre0b I have tried it, and I love it. I had included it in my IPSD order, but it was backordered at the time. I found out it was back in stock when P&C e-mailed me that my order had shipped.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Yep. Miss river at P&C.
Also,4noggins running a special right now on 100g tins of Orlik Golden sliced at $9.54/tin.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I recommend that you search ALL of the tobacco sellers that sponsor this site, and do it often. Great advice and fun to boot, mcitinner1.
What is the release process for molecular bonding, sablebrush? :rofl:

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
The past two 4noggins specials have been quite short lived. Maybe they've run out of inventory. Anyways, today it's Dunhill's London Mixture. ACT FAST!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
First off, welcome! This is a great forum to discuss all things pipe.
I will admit, I chuckled when I read the examples of tobacco you were looking for. May I ask, have you tried them before? It seemed a bit odd to me that out of the 100's of tobaccos on web sites and in B&Ms here in the US, you would focus on 2 that are likely the hardest to get in the country.
I am not sure where you live, but if you can canvas your local area for a pipe club that would be ideal. Generally one or two people in any pipeclub have been around a while and can give you pointers on how to get the unobtainable tobaccos.
With regards to SPC blends. P&C now blends and distributes them. They should never be out of stock too long. The Tacoma Tinderbox will not be carrying bulk SPC blends much longer :crying: , so the tins will be the only option there, but again, they will be coming from Russ at P&C. The new Deception Pass Va/per is amazing. Try that before it joins the ranks of Miss R. and Plum pudding and moves quickly.
Best of luck in your hunt.
~W

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Deception pass sadly will join those ranks. I just don't think many have gotten around to trying it yet.

mdre0b

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
I just stumbled across Krumble Kake. I was searching for a kake tobacco to try and wasn't having much luck. P&C was out of the kakes that had caught my interest and my search took me straight to Smokers Haven. I had no idea what I was trying to get was one of those hard to get tobaccos. Its description just appealed to me. Apparently it was appealing to many other people as well.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
One of my favorite blends is a krumble kake called "Owl Pellet". Very difficult to find, but it helps ifyou live near old growth timber.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One of my favorite blends is a krumble kake called "Owl Pellet". Very difficult to find, but it helps ifyou live near old growth timber.
Owl Pellet is the Krumble Kake version of Deer Pellet. Deer Pellet is a pressed flake. Of course, you haven't really lived until you've tried Pasture Pastry. These fine blends are produced in infinitesimally small batches by unwashed Trolls and Elves in a suburb of Mordor, using twelve hundred year old equipment that hasn't been cleaned since it was forged and it is the medieval germs and bacteria which are responsible for their unique flavor profile. Marketed under the Temporarily Unavailable brand, they have become legendary for their sheer "legendariness".

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Who knew owl pellet and pasture pastry was so good? I've been selling mine to a guy that says he resells to a company that makes some kind of tobacco called Mixture79.

Status
Not open for further replies.