PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Yeah, it would almost seem to be the only one in existence. It's the only example that appears in google image search, at least. I'd love to see Savinelli produce that shape again. It's much more appealing than those chubby cutty's they released recently.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
To whomever owns the Savinelli 4002 Cutty pictured HERE, are you interested in selling?
That's Shane's pipe. I rather doubt he'd part with it, but I'll let him speak to that if he wishes. It's also the only 4002 I've ever seen (keeping in mind that it's probably mid-late 1960s).
Over time, the 4002 evolved into the 402 (sans foot, alas), which is available primarily in the Petite line, but also pops up in Punto Oro once in awhile:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/index.cfm?shape=26&sortOpt=default&displayNum=48&tag=1832

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks for the reply, sir!
I actually own two of the Punto Oro 402's. Both are excellent pipes. I'm a Savinelli fan, and a fan of the cutty shape, and that 4002 is just a really beautifully executed take on it.
C'mon Shane, what'll it take? :)
Alternatively, can you whisper in Savinelli's ear and get these produced again? There could be a run of other no longer produced 4 digit shapes; the 4007 being another great one.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Good luck. I've harped on them for years to produce 616 ks in the new styles. They're nice but it's like " ain't gonna happen "

Status
Not open for further replies.