PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustylungs

Lurker
May 4, 2012
Im of the opinion that taking up pipe smoking is a good indication of someone who is pretty comfortable with who they are and what they are about, and doesn't care much about the opinions of others. I started pipe smoking at 28 which is the age i truly felt 'myself' so to speak. How about you guys?

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
First tried it when I was about 22 then stopped but just picked it back up at 46. Never smoked anything else either.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
If you count the handmade cob pipe I made from a cob I kept from the supper table, I was 13. I smoked it a few times with some Captain Black, I took a break until I was 19 when I bought a basket briar and 2 ounces of a house bulk blend that turned out to be 1Q sold under the name of HoneyBee. In this case I was 19.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
18. My friends and I got cigars (super cheap crap....later moved to Acids, which I now say are good if you like smoking candy canes!) for our 18th B-Days. The next year when we went off to college, my friend Adam met Eric at the University of Chicago, and Eric was the one who said "If you're into smoking cigars, why not try a pipe?" Well we were all into LOTR, Sherlock, and had pipe smoking Grandfathers at one point, and we all thought "D'Oh! Why didn't I come up with that idea myself?" 6 years strong on the pipe since!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I was 18, we smoked cigars ever friday outside the dorms,we switched to corncobs and otc blends because it was cheaper

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I was 48, always thought pipe smoking was for older men. Looking back, I wish I had started a lot younger.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I started when I was thirty-three--almost two years ago. Too late, in my opinion. I wish I had started much sooner. :)

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
28-29 for me, stopped smoking cigars two years ago and soley on pipes now. Cheaper and something about the preparation ritual is relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.