PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I too first smoked a manufactured pipe at 18. I was making pipes on the sly in my parent's garage before then.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
I started when I was 13 pipes and cigarettes. Not strange in Spain at that time. Pipes were OK for my father, cigarettes got me spanked until I was 16...

potomac

Lurker
May 7, 2012
My father purchased me my first pipe at age 14 (1986). I didn't start smoking regularly (a few times a week) until I was 17. This would be completely un-PC nowadays, not that it wasn't back then too ;-)

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I am 19 and started a few months ago, might as well enjoy it now because it probably wont exist in a few decades.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Age 12... a corn cob and Middleton's Cherry Blend. My dad said "don't let your mother catch you smoking. But, a pipe is better than cigarettes. Just better tie your pants legs shut!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
38, but I'm an underachiever. I envy the guys whose Fathers and Grandfathers introduced them to the pipe. It must have been a great bonding experience!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I was 18, and a freshman in college. I started because that's what a college man did in those long ago days - or so I thought. Drifted away to cigars for a few years, but came back about 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.